This week’s volume of posts is much lighter due to the GW2 Halloween event — it’s been a long time since I’ve had a collection this short. I’ve included links to several articles that discuss the special event, but a lot of posts this week were time-specific to the various phases of the event. With all the interesting Halloween content to do, I didn’t darken the doors of WvW at all this week, although I was not crazy enough to try the Clock Tower jumping puzzle.
If you’re somehow already bored, ArenaNet is already dropping big hints about the next major content addition coming to you in mid-November. Expect a lot of speculation on your forums and on the blogs as we come up on this new content release.
- Guild Wars 2 wiki — Game status updates. “This is the current status of the most important issues we’re tracking with Guild Wars 2 live service. (This page is updated by ArenaNet staff and protected against non-admin editing.)” [Raphia: This page on the wiki should be one you bookmark for reference (I'll continue to list it every week).]
- On the official Guild Wars 2 forums, Martin Kerstein posted on the topic FOV (Field of View) Changes Beta Test: “We’re ready to beta test a change to our FOV (Field of View) that should provide a better experience for those with widescreen monitors. We want your feedback about the change to help us decide whether to deploy it to all players.” [Raphia: The feedback thread from participating players is here.]
- GW2Guru — Quotes from ArenaNet: Botting. “Last Friday, Gamespy did an article on Guild Wars 2 and botting, something that has been on the mind of many members of the community since launch. We have seen statements from ArenaNet over the last few months about botting, but to those playing the game, we’re still seeing the same names in the same popular spots in Tyria. In response to the article and the countless of threads that get closed on a daily bases on the official forums, Colin Johanson has given a new statement”
- On the official Guild Wars 2 forums, Martin Kerstein posted on the topic Free World Transfers: Limited to Once Every 7 Days: “Due to community concerns about the effect of free transfers on world versus world, starting on November 1 we are going to change how often players are allowed to transfer worlds. After the update, players will be able to transfer worlds once every 7 days instead of once every 24 hours. We are also actively working on getting the guesting functionality in place. Thank you for your understanding.”
- On the official Guild Wars 2 forums, Martin Kerstein posted on the topic Hurricane Sandy Interrupts our Halloween Event [Merged]: “We heard your questions about extending the Halloween event for those of you affected by Sandy. Unfortunately we cannot do that, but the reason why we can’t is exciting: We are preparing for our big November update, which will start on November 15, and there will be content that will be in the game prior to that, leading up to the event. But we also want to use this moment to remind you all that your personal safety is much more important than any computer game. If you could be affected by the storm, please listen to the authorities and take every precaution to ensure you and your loved ones are safe. Tyria will still be there once the storm is over.”
- GuildWars2.com — The Lost Shores. “Something stirs in the Sea of Sorrows… Unravel a mystery of monstrous proportions in The Lost Shores, a massive one-time world event that will change Tyria forever! “
- MMORPG.com — Guild Wars 2 New Content Preview with Pokket and Colin Johanson. [Raphia: GW2Guru has a summary here.]
- GuildWars2.com — Update Notes – November 01, 2012. “Halloween has come and gone. You put Mad King Thorn back in his place with as much skill and enthusiasm as we’d hoped. We on the Halloween Team would like to thank you for participating with such gusto. It did our hearts good to know so many of you were enjoying the pumpkins of our labors (so to speak). Thank you! Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy has made these past few days very hard for some of our players on the east coast of the United States. We would like to extend our condolences to all those affected by the storm. We recognize that because of power failures and the general situation, many players have been unable to meet Mad King Thorn in Lion’s Arch. One of the fake Mad King Thorn actors has decided to stick around until 11/15 to ensure that those who couldn’t play due to the storms still receive the “Attend the Party