With the two “big name” candidates off faffing about with the Zephyrites (as if Lion’s Arch voters pay any attention to things outside our glorious metropolis), things are surprisingly quiet here in Lion’s Arch. The complaints about mobs of unruly supporters have dropped down to almost normal, and it’s actually possible to pay for your own drinks in many of the off-the-beaten-track taverns in town.
Ursula sent in the latest campaign ad for the Lion’s Arch Captain’s Council election:
We reported on this last week, but the footage is so shocking that in the interests of getting all the news out (and all the attention we can get), we’re reposting this shocking incident:
- Twitter — @DamnViolas. “Vote @HuntersInsight for Council! He promises to fix Superior Runes of the Pirate by International Talk Like a Pirate Day! #TeamHunter”
- A Tyrian Odyssey — Cutthroat Politics. “After two weeks of negotiations, Kiel and Gnashblade have been granted an audience with the Master of Aspects. To secure a trade agreement with the Zephyr Sanctum and gain favor with the Captain’s Council, they need to impress those in charge here. We have not seen how the Zephyrites run their organization, but this Master of Aspects holds enough authority to sway his people.”
- Twitter — GuildWarsTemple. “Guild Wars Temple is officially endorsing Evon Gnashblade for Captain’s Council. Take the time to vote for a candidate. #GW2 #GW2Politics”
- The Orr Orator — THE ORRATOR RETRACTS ITS ENDORSEMENT OF SKRITT KING.
- Reddit — Vote for Pedro!
- Reddit — The Perfect Council Candidate. “There as recently been a substantial amount of conflict and general hubbub regarding the two most well-known candidates contending for a seat on the Council, Kiel and Gnashblade. Many have you have presented valid arguments as to why your personally selected candidate should ascend, I and respect these arguments. However, I regret to inform you that you are wrong. There is one candidate who is objectively better for a seat on the council, and the responsibility and prestige that accompany it. This candidate is none other than Mr. Sparkles.”
- Reddit — It’s a trap!!! “Does anyone else feel like they made Evon Gnashblade more desirable on purpose?”
- Reddit — Vote for…
- Reddit — Just remember, if Evon Gnashblade loses…
- Guild Wars 2 Hub — Cutthroat Politics: Evon Versus Ellen. “In this Cutthroat Politics wrangle, Lee and I go head to head to put praise on our preferred candidate. Most importantly, who is your favorite and do you agree?”
- Inventory Full — Vote Early, Vote Often! “Were there Election monitors observing the current shenanigans in Labyrinthine Cliffs they’d probably all have given up in despair and gone home by now. Or possibly they’d just be standing around wondering what the heck they were doing there in the first place.”
- Reddit — Democracy in action.
If you’re in Lion’s Arch and know something about any of the candidates in this election, feel free to share with GuildMag and we’ll get the news out for you. Send us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be credited (or, if you prefer safety to notoriety, not credited) for any news you share with us first.
For our usual weekly round-up of official news and fan blogs, videos and podcasts head over to that post via this link!