In this episode, we discuss all things Beta Weekend Event.
Our topics of discussion cover:
- Dynamic events and renown hearts – revolutionary or just refreshing?
- Overflow servers
- Player’s complaints about weapon skills
- Lag and game optimisation
– Steven’s hardware specs:
High end desktop PC:
Intel 2500 K @ 4.5 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB OC @ 1000/1500
16 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1866 MHz
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
GPU Overclock from 950/1250 – 1000/1500 – 1150/1500 – little to no FPS change
CPU Overclock from 3.7 (factory turbo) to 4.5 – 10 FPS change (50-60)!!
CPU bound game for ATI cards.
HP DV6 Laptop:
AMD A8-3500M APU
6620G GPU on die (Recommend 6630M)
4 GB 1333 MHz
Very low FPS GPU utilization spiking to 100% from 0%
CPU utilization ~ 35%
Low end desktop PC:
AMD Athlon X2 6000 @ 3 GHz Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT 128MB
4 GB Corsair DDR2 800 MHz
Unplayable not enough frame buffer – video would freeze, but sound would continue to play
- The beauty of the game
- Something for everyone?
- Level up your way
- Does size matter? How race affects your experience of PvP.
– Steven’s screenshots (click to enlarge):
- PvP strategies
Links to check out
- Skritt Thinking (courtesy of Jason)
- The Vigilant blog (again, courtesy of Jason)
Remember, we’re always looking for your input! Use the comments system to give feedback on this episode, email us with any questions or comments you have for future episodes or become a guest speaker by sending an email with a 30 second voice clip talking about yourself – and you could appear on episode two!
Dynamically Spoken theme tune created by Shew – thanks!