Well, this has been an interesting week! In our fourth episode, we discuss the community’s reaction to our recent gamescom interview; we take a look at more details regarding the September Feature Pack, and we also have a Miniature Llama to give away – so watch or listen to find out how you can win it!
Watch on YouTube
Miniature Llama Competition
We’re giving away a free Miniature Llama code to one lucky listener this week! We’ve already given one away when recording the podcast live, and now we’re offering another one for everyone that couldn’t catch the show live. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is tell us what it is you love most about Guild Wars 2. Let us know in the comments below, on our Facebook page, by tweeting @GuildMag, or sending an email to email@example.com!
The winner will be chosen at random from all entries. Good luck!
Show Notes[vc_row][vc_accordion][vc_accordion_tab title=”News”][vc_column_text]
- Continuing with Competitive Week, more announcements have been made for the September Feature Pack. The announcements include profession balance changes, WvW improvements and an update to commander tags.
- Gem Store news: Belinda’s Greatsword and the Ceremonial Plated Outfit have been released! Previous NPC weapons from the Living World Season 1 (Rox, Kasmeer, Braham & Marjory weapons) have also been re-released for a limited time only. You can find the announcement here.
- WvW changes: new Siege Golem Mastery lines, Siege Disabler & commander tag colours! The commander tag has been changed to cost 300g, and unlock all available colours account-wide. Does this change of direction for ArenaNet indicate better things to come?
- PvP changes: standard character models will be a toggle option to make PvP matches easier to read and understand. Unique PvP rewards are also coming – a new armour skin for regular players, and an exclusive one for tournament winners.
- Class balancing: we attempt to explain what’s happening here, but fail a little bit…
- Our recent gamescom interview may have caused a bit of a stir this week. But should it really have been received as it did?
- Positives to take from the interview: SAB will likely return during an off-season break, which means less immersion-breaking episodes and more time killing Mordremoth! We’re also going to be learning more about what’s happening with the tengu.
- #OccupySAB2014 – Although World 2 wasn’t as well received as World 1 when it was released with SAB, people still want it to come back! Everyone turned up to show their support for SAB, and it was great to see even a few ArenaNet devs get involved!
- Blix farm to be nerfed. Purposefully failing an event in Curshed Shore in order to farm it is not a sustainable thing in Guild Wars 2. It’s great for farmers, but invites toxicity. When you can’t play the way you want to, it’s time to change something.