ArenaNet has just released the patch notes for the upcoming Bazaar of the Four Winds release. Judging from , it promises to be one big exciting update you won’t want to miss! Check out the full patch notes below:
Bazaar of the Four Winds
The Bazaar of the Four Winds is gathering; merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares. It’s not just shady characters and risky trades—the mystical, flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing passengers and their magical quartz crystals and amazing movement skills to savvy traders and daring adventurers alike! What a joy it will be to experience the thrill of the trade—and the race. Let’s go!
The Labyrinthine Cliffs
- A bazaar has sprung up in the Labyrinthine Cliffs. Merchants have brought bulk orders of cooking ingredients from all over Tyria to the bazaar. The Labyrinthine Cliffs can be reached through the Sanctum Harbor docks in Lion’s Arch. Talk to the Transport Facilitator for passage.
- Zephyr Sanctum, a large-sailed flying ship populated by people called Zephyrites, has landed at the cliffs in order to trade. The Zephyrites have learned to master Wind, Sun, and Lightning skills that can be stored in their magical crystals.
- Wind Aspect crystals have a blue glow and allow players to leap high into the air. Sun crystals glow reddish-orange and grant players a burst of speed that can also get players through waterfalls. Lightning crystals are purple and allow players to launch themselves across wide gaps and leap with precision.
- The Zephyrites are looking to trade various resources (such as ore, wood, candy, and more) for Zephyr Sanctum supply boxes. These supply boxes contain new items, including recipes that use quartz for weapons and armor with a new stat combination.
- Players can participate in the Sanctum Sprint, a competitive race of up to 12 participants, where they’ll need to use Wind, Sun, and Lightning movement skills to complete the course for a reward chest and a rare chance to win one of the three Aspect back-slot items.
- A scavenger hunt in the Labyrinthine Cliffs allows players to use their mastery of Wind, Sun, and Lightning movement skills to activate Sky Crystals.
- Players can participate in Belcher’s Bluff, a new and permanent omnomberry juice drinking activity where players can seek out masters around the world to learn their signature skills. Players can also challenge other players in a PvP version that can be purchased from bartenders around the world.
- A fortune scrap vendor has been added who will trade fortune scraps for unique Zephyrite items. Fortune scraps can be found in kite fortunes, which have a chance to drop from all creatures in the game, or can be purchased in the Gem Store.
- Zephyrites are launching kite baskets that are landing in multiple explorable areas in Tyria. The kite baskets contain a chance at quartz (a new resource used for crafting), armor and weapon recipes for the new stat combination, and kite fortunes.
- Players can locate a handful of kite baskets at the top of several jumping puzzles throughout Tyria and open them for extra rewards.
- A new conversation will play when players visit Braham in Cragstead.
- New achievements have been added to the Living World, Bazaar of the Four Winds category that involve traveling to Zephyr Sanctum, participating in the Sanctum Sprint race, collecting crystals, locating kites, and watching a quaggan show, among others.
- Completing the Bazaar Ambassador meta-achievement awards the player a permanent quartz crystal resource node for their home instance. Completion of this meta-achievement requires players to complete 16 of the Bazaar of the Four Winds achievements.
- Belcher’s Bluff has been added as a new achievement category in the Activity section.
- A new title, “Omnomnivore,