The past few months were certainly busy, and with five conventions gone by things ought to take a slower pace again; reason enough to give you a new edition of our magazine! Aside of an in-depth summary of all the news we recorded or wrote during or after GamesCom, we present you with exciting lore articles that includes a look at the Depths of Tyria, the destroyers and plenty more. In this issue, there is also a bunch of fan fiction, written by both in-house writers and by other, passionate, fans around the community. Of course we cannot leave out the usual interviews with community people, and we also offer you some exclusive (less-than-real) vacations to three ideal locations! That, and much more can be found inside this new issue. What are you waiting for? Read, enjoy, comment!
Don’t forget: you can always submit your own articles via our website if you want to be featured in the next issue of GuildMag!
- The CatacombsLearn more about this mysterious network of passages deep below Ascalon.
- On The Tube With Daelin Dwin: Music SpecialDaelin Dwin looks at four amazing covers of the original Guild Wars soundtrack by Jeremy Soul.
- The DestroyersLearn everything about the beings created out of fire and stone: the destroyers. Their history, present and future!
- Dutch's Talk with... Rubi (Massively)In Dutch's next community talk we chat it up with Rubi from Massively and Guildcast.
- Humans of ElonaElona, Land of the Golden Sun, is a region where the sun is brightest and is home to the three human provinces of Istan, Kourna, and Vabbi.
- The Decaying DiaryIn 1075AE, Abaddon was not destroyed. Not completely. Shortly after Kormir's ascension, one lone traveler unwillingly finds himself amidst a plot to bring back the God of Secrets; but as he struggles with his own torments, he must make an impossible choice that could break Tyria forever.
- GamesCom RoundupWe went to GamesCom and went home with quite a lot of footage, interviews, screenshots, hands-on impressions and much more!
- Mercenary Heroes winners!Check out these awesome winners of our mercenary hero contest all with their own unique style. Laughs are guaranteed.
- Featured Artist: Charlie DaymanHe has won multiple prizes in various Guild Wars contests, master of multiple art styles and much more.
- Dwarven ReligionThe dwarves may not survive until Guild Wars 2, but that doesn't make them any less interesting. Their religion is a huge story plot for most of the original Guild Wars and the expansion: Eye of the North.
- Fall of Gods (Chapter 2 & 3)A continuation of Konig Des Todes' fan-fiction from issue 7.
- Skritt and Asura: Deep HostilityLittleboat takes a deeper look at the relationships between the skritt and the asura.
- Embark Beach TravelsAre you tired of your hometown? Want to go out on a well-deserved vacation? Then check out this action-packed offers from Embark Beach Travels!
- Community Reaction to the EngineerIf there's one profession that stirred up the community, it's definitely the Engineer. With its steampunk-like feel it brought up mixed feelings towards this profession.
- Dungeons: The Structures and Their BuildersEver wondered the story behind the dungeons which you stumble upon during Eye of the North? In this article you'll find out just what that story is about.
- Children of LegendDassk, a human whom no longer had any connections with his homeland, ventured into the Northern Shiverpeaks territory in search of an item which he is tasked to find.
- Poetry submissionsInspiring poetry about the dream of the sylvari and the difficulties which the charr have to overcome.
- End of the lineThe last tidbits.
© 2003-2011 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other objects are the property of their respective owners.