The release notes for today’s patch, Point of No Return, have just been published. This is the last release for Season 2 of Guild Wars 2’s Living World, which promises to bring Tyria towards an epic finale. You can find the notes below.[symple_accordion] [symple_accordion_section title=”LIVING WORLD”]
Point of No Return
Heroes stand at a precipice as Tyria hurtles toward a point of no return. The Pact Fleet is poised to launch its assault on Mordremoth. The search for Caithe—and Glint’s egg—is narrowing, yet the future is uncertain. What answers will be revealed inside the cave?
After completing Point of No Return, showcase your tactical mastery as a hero of Tyria by completing challenging, episode-related achievements.
- Players can now complete their Carapace and Luminescent armor sets!
- Collect Carapace Headgear Boxes by completing the Point of No Return episode. Additional boxes can be purchased for bandit crests.
- Collect Carapace Coat Boxes by defeating the imposing Mordrem Vinewrath.
- Complete the Bioluminescence collection to receive a new title, a choice of ascended armor pieces, and five transmutation charges.
- Want some help completing your Luminescent boots and leg armor? Mordrem spleen and bladder extractors are now available for purchase with bandit crests.
- Complete the Point of No Return episode to receive various rewards, including a bandit chest for your home instance!
- Players who go up against the Mordrem Vinewrath will receive the Hero of the Wastes boon that grants 50% bonus magic find and extra bandit crests from various events throughout the map.
- Hammer Swing / Hammer Bash: Fixed a bug that prevented the Number of Targets facts on these skills from displaying.
- Sanctuary: Fixed a bug that caused the Master of Consecrations trait to create a duplicate skill fact.
- Illusionary Leap: Removed the ability to use this skill in midair.
- Lich Form:
- Deathly Claws: Added a Pierces skill fact.
- Marked for Death: Updated the Damage skill fact to correctly scale with the Spiteful Marks trait.
- Piercing Arrows: Added Pierces and Targets per Arrow skill facts.
- Mighty Swap: Added a Combat Only trait fact.
- Vigorous Training: Added a Combat Only trait fact.
- Fan of Fire: Added Pierces and Targets per Arrow skill facts.
- Combustive Shot: Fixed a bug that caused the Damage skill fact to display a lower amount than the actual damage when Burst Mastery was equipped.
Structured Player vs. Player
- Adjusted matchmaking for parties with higher-skilled players.
- Added an accumulating grace period for disconnects, allowing players to reconnect and finish the game without receiving dishonor or taking a loss.
- Losses will not count toward the leaderboard standings if a teammate outside your party has deserted.
- Party members will receive a desertion leaderboard standing if a member of their party has deserted the game, but only the deserting player will receive dishonor.
- Matchmaking ratings will not be updated if a game has player desertions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from properly leaving a queue.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to receive dishonor multiple times for the same infraction.
The winter PvP Ladder Test Season has ended. The following rewards will be distributed to players based on their leaderboard position at end of the season:
- The top 5 players in each region will receive two pieces of Glorious Hero’s armor and one Mini Llama.
- The top 20 players in each region will receive one piece of Glorious Hero’s armor and one Mini Llama.
- The top 250 players in each region will receive one Mini Llama.
World vs. World
- The Toxic Unveiling Volley skill no longer displays on an arrow cart’s skill bar until the skill has been unlocked.
- Updated guild arrow cart skill damage tooltips to properly reflect their superior level of damage.
- The WvW Sneak Attack special event has completed.
- Player kills no longer score 1 point. Finishing a player while your world has Borderlands Bloodlust will award 1 point.
- Objectives under attack will now display the white crossed-swords icon in World vs. World.
New Items and Promotions
- Mini Rox is now available in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 350 gems.
- A new Mordrem weapon set is available from the Black Lion Weapon Specialist for the limited-time price of 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket. Tickets and ticket scraps can be found in Black Lion Chests.
- The new Ghostly Mail Courier mail carrier is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
- New exclusive colors for hair and eyes are now included in Total Makeover Kits, available in the Services category of the Gem Store for 350 gems.
- Fixed a bug in which finishers would sometimes reset to the default finisher after interaction with the Hero panel.