We’ve finished the Heart of Thorns story and it’s time to dig in and discuss what we think of it! We’ve got Gem Store, community, and game news and then launch into a heavily spoiler-filled discussion about the HoT story. If you have not finished playing the story and don’t want to be spoiled, bookmark this episode and come back when you’re done. Let us know what you think of the story in the comments to this post! Valiant’s Internet decided to interrupt the show again a few times; our apologies![symple_box color=”red” text_align=”left” width=”100%” float=”none”] Warning: Aaron and Miko were a little excitable this week and let fly a couple of naughty words. This episode therefore contains swearing; please do not watch/listen if you are offended by such language.
Watch on YouTube
Show Notes (Spoiler-free!)
- The Gem Store has a new Glittering backpack skin & Glittering weapons skins are available from the Black Lion Weapons Specialist for 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket for a limited time. A new Exalted Glider is now available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 400 gems and new Mini Bonebreaker is available in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 350 gems. You can see both over at dulfy.net.
- ExtraLife, with some GW2 devs & community members, streamed to raise funds for Seattle’s Children charity. The goal was to raise $2,000 and they raised $4100. Nice!
- Registration for the PvP Pro League Open Qualifier is open – there are 4 slots open in each region. Full details cane be found in this post at the Pro League portal: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/proleague/.
- A 64-bit beta PC client is now available for Guild Wars 2. Login to your Guild Wars 2 account and download the client from the “download” section. You can read the .
- The Heart of Thorns story was hotly discussed by the trio this week covering what we liked, what we didn’t like, what we’d hoped to see, some of the mechanics of the final chapter’s fight, and speculating a bit on what might be coming in the next Living World season.