Season 3 speculation and all the latest Guild Wars 2 news are the topics in the latest episode of the GuildMag Podcast! What’s with all the bloodstone crazed things and where might the bloodstone story breadcrumbs be leading us?
Watch on YouTube
- A handful of QoL changes came in with the 9 August patch: Bug fixes to Chaos/Swamp/Snowblind fractals. Tequatl’s watery grave is now available upon its defeat for 15 minutes for those that need it for collections/achievements.
- New Current Events content is now in-game. Why? Because “Bloodstone slivers have scattered across Tyria.”
- It carries two new achievements: Bloodstone Harvest & Bloodstone Sightings. Spot & kill bloodstone-crazed creatures across maps, plus find additional bloodstone slivers.
- A creatures guide + timer link is available here: reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4x4tmu/world_map_of_bloodstonecrazed_creatures/
- Dulfy also has an achievement guide: dulfy.net/2016/08/09/gw2-bloodstone-sightings-current-events-guide.
- The achievement reward for completion is the Bloodstone Visage Helm which looks kinda cool! youtu.be/zyzE0zv6PDU.
- Raid Wing 3 was broken by this patch but is now open.
- In the Gem Store: new Bloodstone dye kit – bloodstone-inspired reds/deep purples – gallery at dulfy: dulfy.net/2016/08/09/gw2-upcoming-items-from-august-9-patch;Toxic Gloves & Toxic Mantle skins on sale (320 gems/each), and the Chainwhip Sword skin is also newly available.
- that_shaman also datamined anniversary backpacks and some Guild Wars nostalgia weapons: the Envoy staff and STORMBOW!!!
- In community news, 4th anniversary celebrations are happening on Twitter and are being planned for the end of the month. On 26th August, a celebratory livestream is planned and a community event will happen at PAX West on 2nd September. Tickets are being awarded randomly to players who put their name down – info in forum post forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/PAX-West-2016-Party.
- Our speculation covers the rest of the show and tackles such ideas as: Braham finding a way to bring Jormag in and set up a multiple-front war against the dragons; Primordus’ world reach similar to Mordremoth; the Depths of Tyria making a possible return; what might we learn from the dwarves?; and more!
- GuildMag is starting a raid learning group! If you’re interested in learning and have no or a little experience raiding, or if you’re experienced and want to help teach, fill out the application here: goo.gl/forms/KiajEJhFfgmCYuDP2.