As part of this year’s Wintersday festivities, ArenaNet is sponsoring an awesome contest held across multiple fansites – and the good news is, you can enter it right here at GuildMag!
The Wintersday Window Decoration Contest runs until January 20, 2015. To enter, create a Guild Wars 2 themed Wintersday window decoration stencil. Entries must be your own original work, 300dpi, and saved in JPG, PNG, TIFF or PDF format. The minimum size for all entries is A4 format (not sure of these dimensions? Here’s a handy reference site.), and each entry must be the original digital version of the stencil that can be printed, cut and used directly on a window. Only one entry per person is allowed, and entries must not be posted on the forums. Any entry already posted publicly (ie. deviantArt, Facebook) will void the entry. Entries must not be automated or submitted through such a device and/or program. Doing so will void the entry.
Not sure your digital art skills are up to the challenge? ArenaNet’s got you covered! Jump down to the “Twitter Giveaway” section!
Five (5) potential winners will be selected from all eligible Stencils received by a panel of judges based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria: creativity, style, and originality. In the event of a tie, an additional tie-breaking judge will determine the winner(s) from among those tied using the stated judging criteria.
- First place will receive a Guild Wars 2 signed artbook, a signed Rytlock notebook, an exclusive Guild Wars 2 mousemat, a black Rytlock T-shirt, a Wintersday card, a Guild Wars 2 Griffon Mail Carrier, and a code for 400 gems.
- Second place will win a Guild Wars 2 artbook, a Rytlock notebook, an exclusive Guild Wars 2 mousemat, a grey Guild Wars 2 T-shirt, a Wintersday card, and a Guild Wars 2 Griffon Mail Carrier.
- Third place will get a Guild Wars 2 artbook, an exclusive Guild Wars 2 mousemat, a grey Guild Wars 2 T-shirt, a Wintersday card, and a Guild Wars 2 Griffon Mail Carrier.
- Fourth place includes a Wintersday card, a grey Guild Wars 2 T-shirt, and a Guild Wars 2 Griffon Mail Carrier.
- Fifth place will be rewarded with a Wintersday card, a grey Guild Wars 2 T-shirt, and a Guild Wars 2 Griffon Mail Carrier.
How to Enter
The contest begins December 10, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time (UTC -8) and ends January 20, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time. To enter, email your entry, along with your in-game name and country of residence, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners will be announced on or around January 23, 2015.
The Wintersday Window Decoration Contest is running across several Guild Wars 2 fansites, but the prize pool is shared across all fansites. Prizes will be awarded by ArenaNet directly, not by GuildMag or other hosting fansites.[symple_accordion] [symple_accordion_section title=”Stencil samples”] Need some inspiration for your window stencil? Here’s a few examples by Zav.
[/symple_accordion_section] [symple_accordion_section title=”How to Enter & Deadline”] Once you have created your stencil, submit it digitally to email@example.com. Remember, the contest runs from 9:00 a.m. (Pacific) December 10, 2014 to 9:00 a.m. (Pacific) January 20, 2015.
[/symple_accordion_section] [symple_accordion_section title=”Eligibility”] The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec) and Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus , Czech Republic , Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg , Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom, who are at least eighteen (18) years or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, at the time of entry. Void in Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions, Quebec and any jurisdiction not listed above and where prohibited by law.
GuildMag staff and members of their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they reside) or households are not eligible.
[/symple_accordion_section] [symple_accordion_section title=”Stencil Restrictions”] Stencils may not contain any content that:
- is not Guild Wars 2 themed;
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted stencils;
- contains the name, trademarks, logos or images belonging to GuildMag or other hosting fansite
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsors or their products or services, other people or companies;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with GuildMag wishes to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
You can download a copy of the official rules in their entirety here.
To celebrate the new year and make the Wintersday magic last a little bit longer, ArenaNet will be organizing a Guild Wars 2 giveaway on their official Twitter accounts from January 5 through January 9, 2015. They will be giving away one Griffon Mail Carrier every day to one lucky winner. Remember the #GW2 and #Wintersday hashtags, you will need them!
For a chance to win, you will need to: print, cut, and use Zav’s Wintersday stencils or create your own Guild Wars 2 stencils to decorate your windows. Tweet a picture of your window decoration to @GuildWars2, @GuildWars2_DE, @GuildWars2_FR, or @GuildWars2_ES between January 5 and January 9 using the #GW2 and #Wintersday hashtags. They will randomly select one winner per day during that period.
From everyone at GuildMag, good luck if you enter! We’ll also be hosting another giveaway on our weekly podcast on Thursday 18th December – be sure to keep up with our Twitter and Facebook accounts to stay up to date!